-
comparison against ubuntu?
sorry if this is the wrong place.
which has been out longer? what are the main differences between each?
I have run knoppix before but I have not run ubuntu. However I thought that I read that the latter was more popular? Does anyone have any outside links to other sources to confirm/dispute this?
I am looking at setting htis up for a few older people and I figure we can put firefox, thunderbird and open office on there.
I am just wondering about a live update feature which ubuntu seems to have, a firewall , virus & spyware detector. (which I didnt see but may have missed) I would like the firewall program to ask permission for all outgoing connections made, a bit like zonealarm.
Finally sometime in the future (after I use it much more) is it possible to remote suport via a gui interface for either one?
Thanks!
KieranMullen
Similar Threads
-
By Paul Weinstock in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
-
By sakiZ in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-14-2006, 01:17 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 11:59 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot of 5 Cisco CP-3905 Unified SIP VoIP IP Phones PoE Open Box
$163.75

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Grandstream GXP2160 Enterprise HD 6 Line VoIP Phone - Black
$90.00

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Ubiquiti UniFi VoIP UVP
$85.00