Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 5.0.1 Hangs when "Restoring Session"

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 5.0.1 Hangs when "Restoring Session"

    Hi, I recently downloaded Knoppix 5.0.1 on CD and I tried to run it and everything runs as expected until the part where you can begin to see the desktop and in the box it says "Restoring Session" thats when my mouse halts and my keyboard as well and the computer basicly crashes. I'm pretty sure its not the CD because I burned it twice (downloaded twice as well) and the same problem was happening. Is there anyway around this problem? Help would greatly be apprieciated.

    Not sure if the specs would be of any help but here they are:
    Pentium 4 2.8Ghz w/ HT
    1.12 GB RAM
    Toshiba A65

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Same setup and same problem - Knoppix 5.0.1

    I have an A65 Toshiba as well and get a hang up at "Restoring Session" too. I have tried many cheatcodes suggested in other forums and testcd with no JOY. Please if someone can point me in the right direction I would like to start playing with this OS, thanks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1

    fb cheat code works on my A65

    I have a Toshiba A65 with 512MB, I had the same problem. The cheat code fb1024x768 made it work for me, no other codes required. I am running on it right now to post this reply.

    The fb cheat codes seem to be pretty important for laptop use based on what I have read and my three whole days of experience as a Linux user. I had to use fb800x600 on an old Dell Inspiron with 128MB (also needed to use nopcmcia on that laptop). I also did tohd on that one so I can run from hda1, pretty cool!

Similar Threads

  1. Boot hangs just after "INIT: version 2.78-knoppix"
    By onnrmf in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
  2. Boot hangs on "Loading linux kernal"
    By jimmyjrosu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
  3. Debian install "end session" & "shutdown/
    By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
  4. CD boot hangs on "hde: drive not ready for command"
    By bladeraptor in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
  5. button "new kde session"
    By starstyle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00