-
Knoppix 5.0.1 Hangs when "Restoring Session"
Hi, I recently downloaded Knoppix 5.0.1 on CD and I tried to run it and everything runs as expected until the part where you can begin to see the desktop and in the box it says "Restoring Session" thats when my mouse halts and my keyboard as well and the computer basicly crashes. I'm pretty sure its not the CD because I burned it twice (downloaded twice as well) and the same problem was happening. Is there anyway around this problem? Help would greatly be apprieciated.
Not sure if the specs would be of any help but here they are:
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz w/ HT
1.12 GB RAM
Toshiba A65
Thanks in advance!
-
Same setup and same problem - Knoppix 5.0.1
I have an A65 Toshiba as well and get a hang up at "Restoring Session" too. I have tried many cheatcodes suggested in other forums and testcd with no JOY. Please if someone can point me in the right direction I would like to start playing with this OS, thanks.
-
fb cheat code works on my A65
I have a Toshiba A65 with 512MB, I had the same problem. The cheat code fb1024x768 made it work for me, no other codes required. I am running on it right now to post this reply.
The fb cheat codes seem to be pretty important for laptop use based on what I have read and my three whole days of experience as a Linux user. I had to use fb800x600 on an old Dell Inspiron with 128MB (also needed to use nopcmcia on that laptop). I also did tohd on that one so I can run from hda1, pretty cool!
Similar Threads
-
By onnrmf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
-
By jimmyjrosu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By bladeraptor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By starstyle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 11:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77