I am creating an encrypted usb hard drive for my sensitive files to be carried around with me. I want to access them from different computers and different operating systems.
I have installed truecrypt (www.truecrypt.org) on my linux system at home. I have created several partitions on the usb drive, one of them encrypted with truecrypt. The first partition of this usb drive is meant to be able to boot a linux system in case I want to access the files from someone else's pc without installing the truecrypt software. I have successfully moved knoppix to that partition and made it bootable.
Only: I cannot install truecrypt from source on this system after chroot'ing, because there seem to be no linux header files available for the new knoppix 5.0.1!
Is that true or an I overlooking something? Does anyone know a way out?
Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.
$3.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
M386A8K40BM2-CTD SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 SERVER MEMORY TESTED
$289.00
LOT of 5 Samsung 16GB PC4-2666V-EE1 DDR4 ECC UDIMM Memory Ram M391A2K43BB1-CTD
$350.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95