what version?
"The reported error was:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, on /dev/cdrom,
missing codepage or other error"
I tried using my CD Rom and this came up..I am a newbie to Linux, so unfortunately you can expect me on here frequently for the time being..trying to make my old laptop nice and functionable. Thank you for any help at all.
what version?
knoppix 5.0
try 5.0.1
ok..apparently you cannot mount audio cd's.. Did not know that..But now I have a much bigger problem..
I do not hear any audio and I get this error when the desktop comes up
"Sound Server Informational Message:
Error whil initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened(No such file or directory)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device."
I have searched and searched on threads and others have gotten solutions, but they either haven't been geared to my problem or they are too complicated for me to understand. I am a serious Linux newbie and I need some serious help.. Any help at all just getting sound to work would be awesome. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.
make a typo, someone will post I'm sure.Thank you for any help at all.
humm, try 'alsaconf'. If not post your laptop model, i'll see what I can do.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49