Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: could not mount device

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7

    could not mount device

    "The reported error was:
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, on /dev/cdrom,
    missing codepage or other error"

    I tried using my CD Rom and this came up..I am a newbie to Linux, so unfortunately you can expect me on here frequently for the time being..trying to make my old laptop nice and functionable. Thank you for any help at all.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    what version?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    knoppix 5.0

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    try 5.0.1

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    ok..apparently you cannot mount audio cd's.. Did not know that..But now I have a much bigger problem..

    I do not hear any audio and I get this error when the desktop comes up

    "Sound Server Informational Message:
    Error whil initializing the sound driver:
    device /dev/dsp can't be opened(No such file or directory)
    The sound server will continue, using the null output device."

    I have searched and searched on threads and others have gotten solutions, but they either haven't been geared to my problem or they are too complicated for me to understand. I am a serious Linux newbie and I need some serious help.. Any help at all just getting sound to work would be awesome. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    Thank you for any help at all.
    make a typo, someone will post I'm sure.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    humm, try 'alsaconf'. If not post your laptop model, i'll see what I can do.

Similar Threads

  1. unable to mount device when trying to access hard drive.
    By kacey in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 12:15 AM
  2. can't mount SATA hard disk -special device /dev/sda0 does no
    By transistortoaster in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. mount of vfat device not case aware ...
    By Albretch in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
  5. Mount usb device?
    By papaz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX picture

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99