-
Senior Member
registered user
> it makes no sense to check it against the md5 from that source, check it against other mirrors
That I know, however, if some middle man "owns" your connection to the Internet things might not be so simple
.
> traffic with China
I never said traffic was originating from China or elsewhere. Anyone within your immediate network can easily spoof IP addresses ...
.
> the hardware firewall protection that an inexpensive router gives you
I have used two routers so far. The latest one has been a LINKSYS BEFSX41 and I have had more problems when I use routers, since for some reason they are apparently easier to hack
.
> you were seeing these packets as Knoppix boots
I always give at the booting cheat code: "init 3" or "myconfig=scan init 3" and then mount the drives (internal or externals) if I need them and then run startx
Before I even used my browser or anything I notice these connections going on
.
> ... outgoing cable connection
I meant "outgoing cable connection" in a general sense. I do use a DSL modem connecting to the phone line
.
> ... Windows
I use Windows only when I have to do some client tests and such things
.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By tbr.yel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
-
By django in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
-
By eq2675 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By kievlak in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot Of 8 - Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400T DDR4 Server RAM Memory ECC
$615.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

LAPTOP RAM MEMORY GIGASTONE 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz PC5-44800 Unbuffered
$350.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00