-
could not mount device
"The reported error was:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, on /dev/cdrom,
missing codepage or other error"
I tried using my CD Rom and this came up..I am a newbie to Linux, so unfortunately you can expect me on here frequently for the time being..trying to make my old laptop nice and functionable. Thank you for any help at all.
-
-
-
-
ok..apparently you cannot mount audio cd's.. Did not know that..But now I have a much bigger problem..
I do not hear any audio and I get this error when the desktop comes up
"Sound Server Informational Message:
Error whil initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened(No such file or directory)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device."
I have searched and searched on threads and others have gotten solutions, but they either haven't been geared to my problem or they are too complicated for me to understand. I am a serious Linux newbie and I need some serious help.. Any help at all just getting sound to work would be awesome. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.
-
Thank you for any help at all.
make a typo, someone will post I'm sure.
-
humm, try 'alsaconf'. If not post your laptop model, i'll see what I can do.
Similar Threads
-
By kacey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-14-2009, 12:15 AM
-
By transistortoaster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-28-2008, 05:41 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
-
By Albretch in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
-
By papaz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99