-
Unmounting the CDROM
Hi All,
Just practicing using Knoppix as a recovery boot device. I would like to boot Knoppix, do some harddrive maintence, then pop out the Knoppix CD while Knoppix is still running, pop in a different CD copy some file off to one of the harddrive partitions. But, when I try to umount the CD "As Root" it reports the CDROM is Busy. Must Knoppix have the CD in while its booted? Now I imagine if I was to launch something like OpenOffice it would need to access the CD for files, but the only thin I have running is the desktop and a shell.
Ideas?
Thanks,
Joe
Similar Threads
-
By john83120 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2008, 04:26 PM
-
By alberto.orlandini in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 05:32 PM
-
By thomashughes in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 10:52 AM
-
By drmarathe in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By simple in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77