-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Can't get it to work!

Originally Posted by
hal8000

Originally Posted by
Uncle Stinky
I can't get your procedure to work with Knoppix 5.1.1 after installing Knoppix 5.1.1 to my hda2 from live CD with the command "sudo knoppix-installer" I did NOT use the command "knoppix tohd=/dev/hda2" at the boot up prompt to install Knoppix 5.1.1 from live CD but, rather, used the command "sudo knoppix-installer" while being completely booted up and within the Knoppix 5.1.1 operating system that is on the Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD only!
Any further help will be delightful!
Blessings
US
It does work with Knoppix 5.11, I used the same install procedure as you. Modify knoppix-autoconfig as per Justin's notes.
In your /boot/grub/menu.lst file dont forget to append
nomodregen to the end of the line that boots knoppix.
I do not know where to (or how to get to) "append 'nomodrgen' to the end of the line that boots knoppix." Give me a clue about what that line looks like? Then, please remind me how to edit that particular line in my "/boot/grub/menu.lst file? I did the procedure exactly as Justin suggested and it doesn't work on my HP SR1103WM computer. I've also done the procedure on three other computers and I have the same probglem with them. Thanks for your I/O in the matter!
US
Similar Threads
-
By RoyalMail in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
-
By Uncle Stinky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
-
By srbanator in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 06:15 AM
-
By dng88 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66