-
Junior Member
registered user
This may also help you to shorten the time that it takes...
Sometimes, it may be necessary to allow this "regeneration of ld.so.cache and modules.dependencies" process to take as much time as it needs to complete without our hacking the process at all, except for adding a command named "dma".
And, if you don't want to go through the complete procedure that is described in my previous post that is dated Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:22 pm, you can type "dma" (without the quotation marks) after the "vga=791" (without the quotation marks) command so that it looks like this "vga=791 dma" (without the quotation marks) and then do not type in the command "nomodregen=true" (without the quotation marks) after the command "vga=791" (without the quotation marks) and this will very significantly shorten the time that it takes for the "regeneration of ld.so.cache and modules.dependencies" process to complete.
This "regeneration of ld.so.cache and modules.dependencies" process takes about 15 seconds to complete when I type in the "dma" command as described above, without going through ALL of that long procedure that is described in my previous post that was dated Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:22 pm.
I did previously load knoppix onto my hard drive after booting up to the KDE desktop while using the Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD by entering the "sudo knoppix-installer" command in the "Shell-Konsole" . Then, after the install was completed, I rebooted, and then, on the blue boot command screen, I arrowed down and highlighted the 2nd line that had the Kernel 2.6.19 and did NOT highlight the 1st line that has the Kernel 2.6.19 Default on it.
When I have the 2nd line highlighted, then I click the "e" key on my keyboard to edit the commands before the final boot screen initializes.
Then a new screen will appear and I arrow down and highlight the 2nd command line. When I have the 2nd command line highlighted, I click on the "e" key on my keyboard again.
Then, I type in "dma" (without the quotation marks) after the command "vga=791" so
that it reads "vga=791 dma" (without the quotation marks)
Then I click the "Enter" key on my keyboard.
Then I click the "b" key on my keyboard and the computer booted up much faster, indeed, without going through the remaining long process that I described in my previous post that was dated Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:22 pm.
I believe that this will significantly shorten the " ld.so.cache and modules.dependencies" process time without taking away any of the benefits that the "ld.so.cache and modules dependencies" process provides to our Knoppix 5.1.1 operating system.
US
Similar Threads
-
By RoyalMail in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
-
By Uncle Stinky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
-
By srbanator in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 06:15 AM
-
By dng88 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory
$199.95