-
Screen size problem. 4.0.2. with a dell i386 pc.
Currently my screensize for knoppix is 640x480, and i would like to change it to 1024 x 768. I went into "configure desktop" and then to display. the only option it gives me is 640x480. I don't know if there is something I must do differently during the startup, or if I'm just doing something wrong. I tried using the cheatcode "knoppix screen=1024x768" and it starts to load up, but right after that it says "you passed an undefined mode number. press <return> to see video modes or press <space> to continue or wait 30 seconds". When i press enter, it gives me all these numbers like 80*25, and 80*40. I usually press SPACE because they only would change the text size for the loading process. I am currently using knoppix 4.0.2. if i can't get this fixed, i'll just forget it and get knoppix 5
And heres another one problem, sound doesn't work. I tried playing several mp3 files and it seems to be playing fine but the sound just doesn't make it to the speakers. Video files don't work as well. It seems i can't save, delete any files on my harddrive at all!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Meteora184:
Am I correct in that you are using an i386 processor to run Knoppix? If so, it might not have the resources to run it. We would need some more information regarding the hardware that your system has, especially on the video side. It may be that your system has insufficient memory/video memory/resources to run KDE at a higher resolution. You might try a cheatcode to select a different desktop requiring less overhead. Look here: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes look for the desktop options and see if that helps. icewm or fluxbox sometimes work well.
Similar Threads
-
By candtalan in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:57 AM
-
By Meteora184 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
-
By bwathen in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
-
By harken in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
-
By Jefff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00