Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkidz
. I've download this file KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso, is thisfile correct? and do i need to download th other file, that's is KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5
I deliberately didn't say which files to download because you really need to read the FAQ to avoid a lot of other problems, and the FAQ should answer your questions about what files you need and why you need that .md5 file. Too bad about not being able to use BitTorrent, but that is the valid reason why the mirrors are still available, but read the FAQ and use the md5 file. As to the one that ends in md5 or md5.asc, I don't know why the .asc one even exists, since the md5 file is also ascii. Some md5 programs will use the md5 file and do the check for you automatically, in other cases you can just use an md5 program to calculate a sum and do a manual comparision, but if you use a mirror then do one or the other.