Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: errors while trying to install usb modem drivers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8

    errors while trying to install usb modem drivers

    Hi,
    I am trying to get my Sagem f@st 800 ADSL modem to connect to Tiscali under Knoppix live CD.
    The modem adsl light is on when I boot to Knoppix.

    I am following the instructions here:
    http://www.sagem.com/support/site/li...u_Linux_en.pdf
    I downloaded the Linux driver tarball from here:
    http://www.sagem.com/support/site/mo...hp?page=driver

    It all goes to plan until I try to 'make' the drivers .. I receive the following errors:



    any ideas where I am going wrong?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8
    ok .. according to this webpage: http://dev.eagle-usb.org/wakka.php?wiki=EagleUsb230Fr
    (it's in French by the way, you may have to translate it -
    you can translater it here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr)

    anyway according to that webpage eagle-usb has been integrated into the Linux kernel since 2.6.16
    My Knoppix live cd uses 2.6.17

    Is that why the ADSL light is on?

    So asuming My Sagem f@ast 800 usb adsl modem is communicating and ready to go - how do I connect to my ISP?


    additional question: Why is Linux help so hard to come by?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    additional question: Why is Linux help so hard to come by?
    I don't accept the accutracy of this statement. If you look at this forum you'll see that plenty of Linux help is come by here, and we are just a Knoppix forum that occasionally strays into broader Linux issues. Linux help is pretty available on the Internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    So asuming My Sagem f@ast 800 usb adsl modem is communicating and ready to go - how do I connect to my ISP?
    I saw your original post but didn't answer it because both I don't have any information and because of my bias against USB networking. I didn't feel that you needed negative feedback on your choice of modem. For more details see my stock answers #9 and to a lesser extent #4.

    I don't know or care if the Knoppix kernel has support for your particular usb modem. If it does then your next step should be to run the PPPoE software (assuming that you use PPPoE and not PPPoA in your part of the planet). But that's about the extent of the help I can offer.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower
    additional question: Why is Linux help so hard to come by?
    Maybe what the real problem is, and I completely acknowledge that I have a strong negative bias that shows through here, is that you have hardware that knowledgable Linux users avoid.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8
    Well I ran PPPoE ... it detects an Ethernet device ( not the usb modem I don't think) but it failed to connect can't remember the exact message ...

    I think it may be PPPoA at Tiscali .. I could not find a utility called PPPoA.

    I am convinced that the modem is being set up correctly by knoppix:

    USB view screenshot:


    any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. Have Modem Drivers - Can't Install Them
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
  2. Installing modem drivers
    By Bilpo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
  3. ADSL Modem drivers - Noobie
    By whablow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 12:22 PM
  4. installing modem drivers?
    By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
  5. Modem Drivers
    By count_nikon in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99