-
Running Knoppix from a DOS prompt
I'm trying to get Knoppix running on an old Pentium II (not sure what the clock speed or hard drive size are, but it has 256MB RAM) to get at some data on the hard drives. They're SCSI drives, so unfortunately, I can't just whip them out and plug them into a different machine, cos I don't have anything else compatible.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to boot from the Knoppix CD, despite giving the option to boot from CD ROM in BIOS. I'm assuming it's not loading the CD ROM drivers on boot up.
However, I can eventually get to a DOS prompt, at which point I can browse the files on the CD without issue.
So, is there an easy way to run Knoppix from the DOS prompt? (The machine does have a working floppy drive, incidentally.)
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By DrMolotov in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 03:20 AM
-
By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
-
By dhkkong in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
-
By Ajak in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 05:58 AM
-
By Exit in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25