Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Trouble Booting to the Live CD...

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Good Day folks,
    When I first downloaded Knoppix 5.0/0.1 It would not let me mount the HD and the error was something to the effect ' unable to mount fuse, access denied'. Then I checked the MD5 and SHA checksums and both wetre correct yet samre boot / access problem. I thought that potentiallyI had a bad iso so I downloaded it again this time with Bit Tornado. Sums checked again, same error. Does Fuse have to be complied or something to work on the 5x serioe disk?
    I remain ~ In Service & In Health,

    Captain Cautious

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    117
    Hi,

    It looks like you were trying to mount an ntfs partition. Would your problem look something like what was discussed in this thread?

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...881&highlight=

    Hope you find something useful from that previous discussion. Regards.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1
    Same error here (except cdrom on this NEC Versa is /dev/hdb).

    I don't think it's a bad disk. I ran md5sum on the ISO -- OK. After burning, ran "sudo head -c 730036224 /dev/hdc | md5sum" on a different computer -- OK. Booted it with "knoppix testcd" -- much CD activity for about 10 minutes, then booted (and failed) as normal.

    Can Knoppix run diskless? I didn't see hard disk mentioned in requirements. But it sure does probe /dev/hda and finds HITACHI_DK227A-50. That disk is messed up; it had Windows installed on it. If /cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod tried to access /dev/hda, that would explain the I/O error. I tried the boot parameters myconf=/dev/hdb, home=/cdrom/knoppix.img (mount reported that /dev/hdb gets mounted on /cdrom), and noscsi. No difference.

    Questions: what does that error (/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error -- Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.) mean?

    How do I tell Knoppix to leave my hard disk alone? (The existence of a noswap boot parameter is a hint that by default it would use the hard disk.)
    Boot param? Get screw driver and take disk drive out?

    Thanks

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17
    Can Knoppix run diskless? I didn't see hard disk mentioned in requirements. But it sure does probe /dev/hda and finds HITACHI_DK227A-50. That disk is messed up; it had Windows installed on it. If /cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod tried to access /dev/hda, that would explain the I/O error. I tried the boot parameters myconf=/dev/hdb, home=/cdrom/knoppix.img (mount reported that /dev/hdb gets mounted on /cdrom), and noscsi. No difference.

    Questions: what does that error (/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error -- Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.) mean?

    How do I tell Knoppix to leave my hard disk alone? (The existence of a noswap boot parameter is a hint that by default it would use the hard disk.)
    Boot param? Get screw driver and take disk drive out?

    Thanks

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    I had this problem (see first posting)

    I solved it. Read:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=109468#109468

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17

    Got it Working

    Haven't had a chance to post lately. But I did get the Knoppix CD and DVD both working. The CD I got it working by downloading Nero and burning it the proper way. and the DVD, was just a bad DVD. I had a friend of mine download it and burn it on his DVD player and it works great every time I reboot my computer. Thanks again. Really enjoy reading and posting here. Here's wishing everyone Happy Holidays,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Big Time Trouble Booting to the Live CD...
    By hanktank in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
  2. Trouble with Internet Browsing - Knoppix Live DVD 5.0.1
    By Ironfighter in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 09:59 AM
  3. trouble booting
    By njmetalmeister in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
  4. Trouble Booting
    By Polo2883 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
  5. trouble on booting
    By joinf in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.60GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKP1 picture

Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.60GHz LGA1200 CPU Processor SRKP1

$70.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU

$109.99



HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P picture

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P

$319.99