-
Washed out look
Hello I am using the 5.0.1 cd with a GeForce 7600gs and an Nforce 4 board. My problem is that whenever I boot knoppix the X server looks faded and washed out. I can mess with my monitor settings but it never gets any easier to read. Accelerated knoppix looks fine, but as it is in Japanese, I would rather use the mainstream version. The same situation happens with Dyne:bolic, except x does not boot at all with it. If this is a new problem I can see if I can write down the error codes as they appear. Thanks in advance to anybody willing to help.
-
Hmm, no error message as such, but it did say "Gathering agp devices... 4269 aborted" The monitor flickers on and off several times while it tries to start X, but the text is unreadable untill after I log out of X, and then it is odd and washed out. Mystery of mysteries.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I'm not sure if these two are related or not (and too busy to read through the old posts again at the moment), but you might want to take a look at this thread where the user was complaining of a "too dark" screen to see if it may be the same problem. Even if it isn't the same issue, some of the suggestions made there may apply to you. Have you tried just adjusting the monitor? Many monitors retain their verious settings for each combination of resolution and scan rate, and allow you to have different monitor settings for each mode that you use, so it is not out of the wuerstion that Knoppix just booted into a resolution and scan rate that happen to be set to look washed out on your monitor. (Of course, that's only a theory and it could well be something else.)
-
The NVIDIA drivers on this revision of the distro do not support the 7600gs or gt. Booting with code <knoppix xmodule=vesa> makes it visable. Another feature to add for the next release I suppose. Not that it matters much, Linux is not know for its' gaming capability. Thanks for the link, good luck, god speed.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

GIGABYTE X570 UD AM4 motherboard +AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU+Cooler
$250.00

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99