-
No incoming network services working...
Hi,
I imagine I'm missing something quite simple, and I apologize in advance if this is already posted (I can't find it).
I'm using Knoppix as my linux distribution, and outgoing internet services work, but i can't ping or ssh to my computer.
i've tried setting Firewall to Active or Inactive under the knoppix/services/knoppix firewall tab. i've tried playing with the firewall settings to have the ssh, ping, etc. ports open. i've tried to manually setup the Network card configuration since i have a static ip -- i've manually entered in the IP address (X.X.X.X), the network mask (255.255.0.0), the broadcast address (X.X.255.255), a default gateway (X.X.65.1) and some nameservers (which appear to be working). I've tried /sbin/iptables -F to clear iptables, and have tried to delete the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.
any other ideas?
thanks,
vikaas
Similar Threads
-
By trant in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM
-
By samfrog88 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2005, 05:50 AM
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors
$290.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$614.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99