Hi,
I imagine I'm missing something quite simple, and I apologize in advance if this is already posted (I can't find it).
I'm using Knoppix as my linux distribution, and outgoing internet services work, but i can't ping or ssh to my computer.
i've tried setting Firewall to Active or Inactive under the knoppix/services/knoppix firewall tab. i've tried playing with the firewall settings to have the ssh, ping, etc. ports open. i've tried to manually setup the Network card configuration since i have a static ip -- i've manually entered in the IP address (X.X.X.X), the network mask (255.255.0.0), the broadcast address (X.X.255.255), a default gateway (X.X.65.1) and some nameservers (which appear to be working). I've tried /sbin/iptables -F to clear iptables, and have tried to delete the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.
any other ideas?
thanks,
vikaas

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Micro Center 2-in-1 SSD Flash Drive 1TB USB-A/USB-C USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps
$240.00
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$288.99
150x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$286.75
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00