-
Junior Member
registered user
Upgrading to a full Debian System. Howto??
Hello all,
I'm wanting to take knoppix to sid/unstable. I have read and followed the howto (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2251#10541) and it works perfectly, but I'm still wondering about the kernel.
It doesn't seem like it's truly sid unless you run one of the sid kernels (tell me if I'm off base here). Has anyone successfully done this? I tried to install a kernel-image once, but I must have screwed up the configuration somewhere since I got kernel-panic on reboot. I have a feeling this would kill alsa as well, so you'd have to remove knx-alsa and install the debian alsa packages, and no telling what else. I think it would be nice to have a leaner kernel specifically for my athlon, but if somebody knows better, please explain.
This kernel stuff is kinda wierd to me, so I'm trying to learn more.
As always, any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
soap
Similar Threads
-
By Hydralisk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 44
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 05:47 AM
-
By clarjon1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:43 AM
-
By wavetel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:55 AM
-
By jzhai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98