I have a STraitec PCI Hardware Modem and Knoppix won't REcogize it
ive tried every Configuratin
i use the Find modem program and it said its a winmodem and i know its a Hardware Modem
I have a STraitec PCI Hardware Modem and Knoppix won't REcogize it
ive tried every Configuratin
i use the Find modem program and it said its a winmodem and i know its a Hardware Modem
Hi Snark,
Is it possibly this modem: http://customer.stratitec.com/produc...roducts_id=830?
If it is, I would see what the chip labeled #1 is in the picture and head over to http://linmodems.org/ for assistance, or if you need to get hooked up sooner , try using it with Kanotix.
Regards
that is the one
i recogize the package, LOL.
it is IC56A
i just went to Lnmodems.org and clicked on lucent(DSP) and the link seems to be dead
Oh well I'll get me a copy of Kanotix then
thanks for your help
This link : http://www.heby.de/ltmodem might be more help, but i think Kanotix has the drivers already installed.
ok Ill just download Knotix
Thank you much
I just tried to install the drivers and i said to edit modprobe.conf? and the file is'nt there. so I'm just going to forget it and get Knotix
[quote="DrSnark"]ok Ill just download Knotix
Thank you much
I just got Knorix and it works like a charm

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59