-
Junior Member
registered user
GHOST PACKAGE? LINUX-KERNEL-HEADERS-KNOPPIX
have A BIG problem trying to install the NVIDIA chipset driver for audio and network on a laptop (Gateway MX3410). I installed Knoppix 5.0.1 on HDD and ran the NVIDIA installer, at the end of building the module it says that it encountered some error. Looking at the log, I can see there is some error during compilation. Digging a little deeper, I found a package in Knoppix DVD (linux-kernel-headers-knoppix) that has a lot of missing files and which is maintained by mr. Klaus Knopper but which is nowhere to be found on the net. I've been googling around for it and nada, niente, nope, nothing. So I'm just wondering, is this some bad joke or what? Is it Open Source or Open Curse?
Some time ago, I was able to find a website with a lot of kernel sources for all the knoppixes, but now I just can't find anything. So the knoppix-specific packages are to be TOP SECRET. At least that's what results.
Anybody has any answer about this? Anyone has any idea what should I do to find the kernel sources for knoppix kernels? Pay somebody to deliver them or what?
Maybe post a notice on the knoppix.org, knopper net and so on saying that knoppix is no longer open source and it has just closed. At least there won't be anyone else like me wasting a lot of time with this knoppix and finding a trap.
Similar Threads
-
By ron653 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-21-2007, 02:21 AM
-
By mutlu_inek in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2006, 09:13 PM
-
By BubbaCola in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 12:34 AM
-
By Viro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 02:24 PM
-
By Grendelsbane in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00