Hi,
I imagine I'm missing something quite simple, and I apologize in advance if this is already posted (I can't find it).
I'm using Knoppix as my linux distribution, and outgoing internet services work, but i can't ping or ssh to my computer.
i've tried setting Firewall to Active or Inactive under the knoppix/services/knoppix firewall tab. i've tried playing with the firewall settings to have the ssh, ping, etc. ports open. i've tried to manually setup the Network card configuration since i have a static ip -- i've manually entered in the IP address (X.X.X.X), the network mask (255.255.0.0), the broadcast address (X.X.255.255), a default gateway (X.X.65.1) and some nameservers (which appear to be working). I've tried /sbin/iptables -F to clear iptables, and have tried to delete the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.
any other ideas?
thanks,
vikaas

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00