Hi,
I imagine I'm missing something quite simple, and I apologize in advance if this is already posted (I can't find it).
I'm using Knoppix as my linux distribution, and outgoing internet services work, but i can't ping or ssh to my computer.
i've tried setting Firewall to Active or Inactive under the knoppix/services/knoppix firewall tab. i've tried playing with the firewall settings to have the ssh, ping, etc. ports open. i've tried to manually setup the Network card configuration since i have a static ip -- i've manually entered in the IP address (X.X.X.X), the network mask (255.255.0.0), the broadcast address (X.X.255.255), a default gateway (X.X.65.1) and some nameservers (which appear to be working). I've tried /sbin/iptables -F to clear iptables, and have tried to delete the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.
any other ideas?
thanks,
vikaas

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99