-
Junior Member
registered user
Linux Certification
I was thinking about going through one of the linux certification programs. I think I'd like to avoid the red hat program, but they all seem to focus on that distro. Has anyone done this (or know someone who has)? Can you recommend one in particular?
Any knowledge first hand or otherwise is appreciated.
Thanks,
soap
-
Red Hat Certification is nice, but really expensive. I say nice, because the test includes a hands on phase. Being expensive has its benefits as well. That being that the market won't be flooded with RHCE's and therefore the certification will carry weight longer.
If you want a cheaper test that is not distribution-centric, you can try the LPI exam (http://www.lpi.org). This is an "open source" test and has head of various Linux companies on its panel. It is also significantly cheaper (about $100 a test). It is the one that I am currently studying for.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I forgot to add that cost really isn't an issue. My company may be willing to pay for the courses provided I can convince them that this is a worthwhile endeavor.
I want to clarify the RHCE problem to me. I don't use red hat, and I don't plan on ever using it. I like the debian social contract, so I want to learn more about debian or at least get a broad linux certification (i.e. not distro specific). Maybe the RHCE program does this and doesn't focus on red hat solely, but I'm skeptical.
Thanks for the quick reply cascadefx.
still wondering,
soap
-
Senior Member
registered user
Also look into Linux+ . It's made by CompTIA, and is non-distro centric. I have the book but havn't taken the test yet. I think it is a quality test, the only thing I didn't like is there is quite a bit of scsi stuff in it, and I have 0 experience with scsi ( and don't want to!
)
Similar Threads
-
By realpc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By mpeden in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50