Hello,
I am running Knoppix 5.01 off a bootable USB key. I want to add and remove packages using kpackage. I was able to download a new package list although it said that the package registry was not available. When I clicked through for the packages I wanted to add, again, everything seemed to work fine. However when I went to apply my changes, the interactive script said that it was upgrading 'tzdata' and appeared to get hung up. FYI I am running a LivePC with 512MB ram and no hard drive.
Is my problem:
1) I didn't wait long enough for my computer to do it's thing?
2) I don't have enough RAM to do this update?
3) I should have done it another way?
What is the best way to update/add/remove packages from a live USB version of Knoppix?
Thanks for your help.
LZ

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00