-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix will not mount my flash drive
I slid in my flash drive, the icon appears. I double click it and I get an error: "Could not mount device......" I checked out dmesg and it said it didn't reconize the uid knoppix so I removed it from fstab. KDE immediaitly picked up on the drive and it was working fine. Before I could pat my self on the back I had to be sure it was working for good. I took out the drive and put it back in, waited for the icon and clicked it. I got the orginal error. :shock: Something auto updates fstab when I slid the flash drive in. Can somebody tell me what?
Thanks for reading,
John
-
Hello,
i've had the same problem and here's how to solve it:
The UDEV system automatically generates the line in /etc/fstab. (This is kinda new) The problem is, on an HD-installation one usually has a username other than knoppix. Just go and check out
/etc/udev/knoppix.rules
and change the knoppix entries to your username and it will work.
see also
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24796
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks dude, that did the trick. Now I'm faced with a new obstacule. I only have read premission on the flash drive.
Did this happen to you?
John
-
You need an entry in /etc/sudoers like this one:
posmanet localhost=/usr/bin/remountrw
where posmanet should be replaced by Your username on Your system. This gives the user the right to remount a device from read-only (ro) to read-writeable (rw).
When You've done this You can right-click on the icon on the desktop that "belongs" to Your flash drive (e.g. sda1) and change the read/write mode.
Similar Threads
-
By Japazo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
-
By johnsfine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
-
By crazy_monkey108 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 05:56 AM
-
By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By jscinoz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$106.67

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00