-
No incoming network services working...
Hi,
I imagine I'm missing something quite simple, and I apologize in advance if this is already posted (I can't find it).
I'm using Knoppix as my linux distribution, and outgoing internet services work, but i can't ping or ssh to my computer.
i've tried setting Firewall to Active or Inactive under the knoppix/services/knoppix firewall tab. i've tried playing with the firewall settings to have the ssh, ping, etc. ports open. i've tried to manually setup the Network card configuration since i have a static ip -- i've manually entered in the IP address (X.X.X.X), the network mask (255.255.0.0), the broadcast address (X.X.255.255), a default gateway (X.X.65.1) and some nameservers (which appear to be working). I've tried /sbin/iptables -F to clear iptables, and have tried to delete the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files.
any other ideas?
thanks,
vikaas
Similar Threads
-
By trant in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM
-
By samfrog88 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2005, 05:50 AM
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory
$199.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF
$65.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY
$600.00

Samsung M393A8G40AB2-CWE 64GB DDR4-3200AA PC4-25600 2Rx4 ECC RDIMM Server Memory
$529.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

32GB Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E2UI PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 DDR4 Server Memory | Tested
$435.00

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99