Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how do I turn off this Dell Touchpad?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3

    how do I turn off this Dell Touchpad?

    It's a different take on an old question: I would rather use the USB-plugin mouse than the touchpad. Yes, it's a desktop replacement, and the touchpad is too sensitive and just gets in the way.
    Yes, I'm a bad typist, my thumbs will remain attached.

    Knoppix 4.x, kernel 2.6.12 #2 smp tue aug 9 2005 (I lost the CD after the install to HD)[flame away]
    Laptop is Dell Inspiron 6000.

    I'm not too terribly stupid when it comes to editing things, but any advice you can give (short of clipping wires in the thing) is welcome.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I generally avoid Dell products, but my first thought would be to check the BIOS for an option to disable it.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    I generally avoid Dell products, but my first thought would be to check the BIOS for an option to disable it.
    Thanks, but there isn't an option for disabling it in the BIOS. I think I'll look elsewhere, like a kernel mod for the synaptic pad.

Similar Threads

  1. Help PC wont turn on
    By TimJ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
  2. dell 5160 keyboard/touchpad problem
    By crumb in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 01:01 AM
  3. I can't turn down the volume
    By will103 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:36 PM
  4. How do you turn off tap click with a touchpad.
    By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:28 AM
  5. Turn Off Yet APM/APCI ?
    By beforewisdom in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS108PP 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Unmanaged Switch with FlexPoE. picture

NETGEAR GS108PP 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Unmanaged Switch with FlexPoE.

$89.95



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99