-
Cannot connect to the Internet
FIRSTLY I must apologise that I have just placed this question in the GENERAL SUPPORT SECTION OF THE FORUM as I did not realise at the time that this NETWORKING SECTION was available.
As this is my first venture into Linux, I have downloaded both the Live CD as well as the full DVD "KNOPPIX_V5.0.1.CD-2006-06-01-EN".
I have been able to run the Live CD but when it comes to getting the Internet Connection I now am at a loss. I tried the connection wizard that seemed to search for the PPPoE or something like that and eventually comes up with a window letting me know that it was not successful.
At this point I am stumped so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be really great.
My internet connection is through a Netcomm NB5 Plus 4 modem router, my connection is 512kb/sec.
Any help would be appreciated
Thank You
Similar Threads
-
By Joey6 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM
-
By jacksonon in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00