-
knx2hd finds only one partition
Hello,
I'm trying to install Knoppix 5.0.1 on harddisk, following the procedure described in "easy linux 08/2006", which came with Knoppix 5.0.1 on DVD.
The magazine says, you must start the root console and type "knx2hd", later choose one of the partitions which have been found.
Problem is, I want to install on /dev/sda5, a 10 GB partition which I had first formatted with ext3 than ext2 (using QPartEd) to test if "knx2hd" will find the ext2 partition. But knx2hd only offers me /dev/sda6, which already carries lots of data which I don't intend to remove.
sda5 is known to Knoppix and I can mount or umount it. Are 10 GB not large enough, or what is the reason that it doesn't get offered from knx2hd? What can I try to make it find sda5?
If all attempts to install with knx2hd will fail, can I just mount sda5, for example to /mnt, and rsync the complete Knoppix filesystem to the partition, doing an "rsync -Sav / /mnt"? Will I get the whole Knoppix 5.0.1 with this command? (Booting is secondary, if I would get a valid system copy on sda5 with rsync)
Similar Threads
-
By judland in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
-
By dou01553 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 10:06 PM
-
By dou01553 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
-
By god0815 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 01:26 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$600.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SAMSUNG 128GB (4x32GB) M393A4K40BB1-CRC4Q RAM DDR4-2400T RDIMM ECC Memory
$666.00

Kingston Renegade Pro 32gb 2x16gb 5600
$850.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

SK hynix 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V DIMM RAM HMA82GR7CJR8N-VK
$399.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99