-
Junior Member
registered user
Can't get online when using "myconfig" cheat code
I've had no problems getting online with Knoppix, until I started trying to save my configuration to HD. If I boot from the CD without the "myconfig" cheat code, I can get on the internet with absolutely no problem. But I'd rather use "myconfig", because it takes me ages to set all the fonts, etc., up to my liking again.
Right now, I'm using Knoppix v.5.0.1. I have a high-speed internet connection, and use a Motorola SB5120 SURFboard cable modem, connected with an ethernet cable at eth0. During boot-up, even when I use myconfig, Knoppix detects the hardware...it's just that I can't get online.
I've had this same problem even after erasing the saved configuration file and creating a new one, in both this current version of Knoppix and Knoppix v.3.7 (the first version I used).
I've searched this forum, searched the internet, checked out Linux books at the library, and recently bought my first book about Knoppix...but I can't find anything that helps this specific problem I'm having.
Is there some way for me to manually check and adjust any settings so I can get on the Internet, when this problem arises? Please bear in mind I'm a relative newbie, with just a little experience in using the command line (though I'm willing and eager to learn more).
If anyone can help me with this, I'd truly appreciate it...I love using Knoppix, and would love it even more if I didn't have to adjust all my settings every single time, just to be able to go online. Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By AceX in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-04-2006, 07:36 AM
-
By ockham23 in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 11:02 AM
-
By daveclem in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:09 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By hardbop200 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99