-
Senior Member
registered user
... also, as you said, perfectly "flat" to compress the CD with, is vital. If the surface, or surfaces, are not level/flat, it may transfer to the CD...
I also wanted to mention, that, the idea told to me, was, to "sandwisch" the record "between" two surfaces... in this case, glass - cause it usually is quite heavy, and has less chances of being warped itself, as might be the case with metal plates. You also need to watch that temp in another situation, as the "plates" heat up, they may melt the surfaces of the CD they are touching, not good... Like I said, its all trial and error, and I wouldnt do it to something that is "priceless" or "irreplacable" - not unless you can work out the exact time and temp, ahead of time...
I would even bet, that the people who told me this method, have not tried it themselves either... (they may have been looking for a guinea pig)
As a side note: I did try a "home fix" for scratches on a CD; the idea was to use PLEDGE spray wax, apply a layer on the CD, then wipe as usual, from the center out at 90 degree lines, and with a dust-free / lint-free cloth. It appeared to get the small ones covered, but, on the test CD I used (I basically took the CD, stepped on it, and ran it across concrete for a couple of passes), it didnt recover the surface to the point that read errors were not detected. My first attempt at this was a practice (cd-r) and I ran the CD across the carpet, and then a desk (wood) surface that was not sanded, it removed pretty much all the scratches, and was readable with "minor" read errors. The second test was with the same CD, but outside, as mentioned above about the concrete. The CD surface looked far worse than even the "library rental" CD's that we have borrowed. I would say, minor scratches, but getting read errors, could be resolved with this method (disclaimer: I wouldnt go around making scratched disks, to do this, or, to damage a priceless or irreplacable CD by doing this, without, first, testing this on something that wasnt that important... Individual results, may vary
)
Heop this helps 
MS Cuddles
-=- Come to the Dark Side, we have penguins -=-
Similar Threads
-
By iadcc in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
-
By Arbatras in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:44 PM
-
By cobarxc in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By airkyd in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
-
By juham in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

LOTS of 2 Samsung 8GB (8x2 16GB) DDR5 RAM Memory M435R1GB4PB1-CCPSG PC5-6400B
$150.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$157.50

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80