Hi,

I did have a degree of success with the two sheets of glass with a couple of large books, then a number of house bricks on top of that. But there was still sufficient convex to cause the laser to lose its' focus on the outer edges.

MS Cuddles wrote:
>>
Heop this helps
>>

Yes, of course ... a facinating tail of the shenanigans of the scientifially inclined (grin)

Is it not curious ... a person may try to physically damage a disc. By jumping on it, throwing it around etc ... and find it quite impossible to break. But then , with out trying it can be damaged.

I think the application of sustained even pressure is the best solution. And probably done around the 20 to 23 degree centigrade room temp mark.

It is amazing too, just how much 'pressure' a pile of paper can deliver. After all ... it is wood/trees/logs really.

I suspect that the substrates arn't elastic either. Probably more plastic and so wouldn't lend themselves to easy reversal.

But i did have some success, so i should rig up some sourght of more serious experiment and test again.

I will be followinh HKs' suggestion in future concerning getting the publisher to replace too.

As said, it had traveled by ship from the european region, and some of the mags from that way do tend to arrive on the shelves with obvious signs of misstreatment.

One way to get a hint on the possibly case though. By looking at the in mag wallet, aside from case discs. Every time a stack of bundled mags gets thrown around, or something else is just dumped on top, it's likely to cause the disc to slide a little in its' wallet. Leaving a subsequent scoring mark were it lies in the wallet as a result. By noticing the number and overlap of those scoreing marks, a general treatment history can be guessed.

>>
I heard from the "record guru's" I spoke of before, i.e. "purists", was to place the whole enchilada into the oven... again, temp is important, too much, and you might end up with a puddle of goo,
>>

I agree with your guess there

Besides, it would want to be a sustained heat. Nothing more than a comfortable room temp really. It was winter over here in Sept, so that would have been significant. Damn cold (grin).

Thanks for your thoughts (grin), i can see the picture ... nieghbour looks through gap in bushes ... sees person on there knees draging a cd/dvd face over the concrete. Wonders if they should ask her what it is she is doing ... decides their probably better off not knowing


Cheers (grin)


jm