-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
aay
Rock,
This is interesting. I checked /etc/openmosix.map on the cd and on my hdinstall and they are the same. Interestingly they are both completely commented out. I'm interested as to what you changed. I was thinking that the problem related to nfs shares.
After I did my hdinstall I got the following error from my client machine when I tried to boot it.
"Can't NFSmount KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry."
I looked in /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalopenmosixserver script and saw that the nfs share being exported is /cdrom. I figured this was the problem so I made some changes to the script but no luck.
Could you please post your /etc/openmosix.map file?
Thanks.
Adam
I've been looking into that NFSmount problem, it seems to be a knoppix problem ;p
You'll get the same error when you install a default Knoppix and try to use the terminalserver. But when I've got some time I'll try to fix it in ClusterKnoppix.
The other problem about only ext2/reiserfs working seems to lay with openmosix, which doesn't seem to play nice with ext3 and pivot_root.
Also XFS isn't supported because I couldn't get the OpenMosix patch and the XFS patch merged. (also the openmosix patch I use is a prerelease of the upcoming openmosix-3)
PS: the NFS problem has nothing to do with the outcommented openmosix.map
Similar Threads
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By YannLeMerle in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By MeSo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By law_student in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 11:52 PM
-
By anibal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00