-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
What I did yesterday was a clusterKnoppix hd install and found out that it would only act as the openMosix terminal server when running from cd. So I went to the openMosix Howto and did a bit of reading and created the proper /etc/openmosix.map file (or /etc/hpc.map if you have problems look for the /etc/hpc.map and either edit it or get rid of it) and got openMosix to startup on that machine. Then I got the openMosix 2.4.20 kernel image from the clusterKnoppix site and put it on a Morphix hd install, then also did an apt-get for openmosix (the tools) and openmosixview. I put the same /etc/openmosix.map file on that machine, started openmosix (/etc/init.d/openmosix start) and I had a two machine cluster up and running, that easy!
The default debian packages for Openmosix/openmosixview are way outdated. I'm using autodiscovery on ClusterKnoppix which doesn't need an openmosix.map or /etc/hpc.map file, thats why it was outcommented and not used.
Similar Threads
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By YannLeMerle in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By MeSo in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By law_student in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 11:52 PM
-
By anibal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00