Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Dell web-pc modem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Dell web-pc modem

    For a few dollars I got a Dell Web-pc...apparently a mini pc with no floppy drive, but with cd, 3-usb ports (no serial, ps2, or printer ports) an ethernet port , and phone line in and phone out (I guess for the built in modem) but no way to add other cards to the thing.

    It also had no OS though I guess it came originally with Win98? No big deal......I really prefer either Knoppix (I have a few different disks from 3.7 to 4.0) or Damm Small Linux.

    Either of them boot up nicely but I can't seem to find the modem.......can find that its some kind of 3-Comm mini pci thing but what to do from there?

    So might the solution be to use a usb modem? I was going to use this device at home where I only have dial-up service.
    I also have an external modem (that would connect to a serial port) that should work....would one of those USB to serial adapters work out....and if connected, would one look at usb modem or serial modem?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    I have used thse usbtoserial things for modems, it works, getting a USB modem to work is harder than a PCI modem imho.

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Modem driverson Dell Inspiron 1100
    By Probert31 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
  2. How To Install Modem Aztech Internal Modem Msp3880
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
  3. Dial-up Modem Issues. Keeps saying "Initializing Modem&
    By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 12:59 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$249.00



Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces picture

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces

$40.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON ** picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **

$99.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$99.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115 picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115

$120.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer

$95.00