-
Junior Member
registered user
Secure Routers (resolved)
When setting up a Netgear WGR614 wireless router I
was surprised to discover that apparently it requires
Java-script to be enabled in order for the router to
function. Since every book on security that I've read
without exception identifies java-script as a security
risk and suggest that it be used sparingly if at all I went
searching for a different router.
I searched this forum with respect to routers in general
and in particular (Linksys, Netgear, etc.). I searched the
STD forum. I did a google search.
There was no shortage of information, in fact there is an
overwhelming amount but I haven't found anything that
addresses my concerns. I've read reviews of the WGR614
that don't mention that it requires java-script enabled.
I found out that one of the Linksys routers defaults to
wireless enabled (which seems like poor security practice).
Even if I would spend a couple of months digging through
these various links I have no confidence that the information
I want would be included.
Would someone here who runs with strong security (java
disabled, java-script disabled, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.)
steer me to a few routers (preferably that do not smell like
a chemical factory) that do not require insecure
browser settings in order to function?
Django
Similar Threads
-
By tbr.yel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
-
By Terminico in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-03-2006, 05:29 AM
-
By eq2675 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
-
By kievlak in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
-
By Nthline in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00