-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, I've got it working.
The problem was a combination of my low boredom threshold and what I would call a misleading error message.
Booting the router is a three-step process whereby first the access box is powered on, secondly the router is powered on, and thirdly the computer is powered on. Each step requires what feels like an immense amount of time.
It is my hypothesis that originally I either didn't follow the sequence or didn't wait long enough for one or more of the stages of the process to complete. Either that or the imp of the perverse is toying with me.
I've run through the process twice and both times everything works fine (although I've noticed an increase in timeouts, perhaps just coincidental, and slower downloads of small amounts of data, 16k can take seconds but I suppose it is probably just congestion of some sort somewhere out there).
So impatience and an error message that sent me looking in the wrong direction for the solution seem to have been the problem. (Yeah, it was operator error).
Thanks to all for the support and encouragement as I explored various blind alleys on my way to the mundane solution.
Django
Similar Threads
-
By tbr.yel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
-
By Terminico in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-03-2006, 05:29 AM
-
By eq2675 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
-
By kievlak in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
-
By Nthline in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99

Samsung Solid State Drive Model 2.5 in Internal SSD Gray/Black
$149.00