see if dma is turned on with '/usr/sbin/knoppix-dma' if yes, turn it off then try using it.
I卒m user of Knoppix. I installed Knoppix 4.02 DVD on my new laptop (Compaq Presario v2617la; la= latin american, that means the keyboard is in spanish, nothing special).
On KDE or Gnome desktop, when i put a CD-Rom disk and system start to read the disk or start to use the CD-Rom device, all computer is freeze. For a long time, I need to restart computer with the start buttom.
多any one know how fix this problem?
Thanks
see if dma is turned on with '/usr/sbin/knoppix-dma' if yes, turn it off then try using it.
I did that, but not fix it. I probe with other CD's. The music CD's work fine, but not the movies DVD's. Still I don't know what happend.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99