-
Dell web-pc modem
For a few dollars I got a Dell Web-pc...apparently a mini pc with no floppy drive, but with cd, 3-usb ports (no serial, ps2, or printer ports) an ethernet port , and phone line in and phone out (I guess for the built in modem) but no way to add other cards to the thing.
It also had no OS though I guess it came originally with Win98? No big deal......I really prefer either Knoppix (I have a few different disks from 3.7 to 4.0) or Damm Small Linux.
Either of them boot up nicely but I can't seem to find the modem.......can find that its some kind of 3-Comm mini pci thing but what to do from there?
So might the solution be to use a usb modem? I was going to use this device at home where I only have dial-up service.
I also have an external modem (that would connect to a serial port) that should work....would one of those USB to serial adapters work out....and if connected, would one look at usb modem or serial modem?
Similar Threads
-
By Probert31 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 11:13 PM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 12:59 PM
-
By FarAway in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only
$150.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage ACS CompactFlash CF to 40-Pin IDE Drive Adapter Board ACS-CF-1LVT805A
$16.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case
$99.99

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59