Okay, I'm running from the DVD and can't get CUPS to fire up. I get an error when I open the control center to add the network printer. It's hung off a Netgear printer server (just a little box that connects to the centronix connector). When I reboot into XP it sees the printer just fine. My network is running as I'm posting this from within Games Knoppix.
Anyway, the error I get is as follows:
Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from manager: Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: connection refused.
What do you need from me to help out? I'll provide what I can so we can get my printer going
EDIT: Forgot to mention I have 2 USB printers hung off this system that I don't give a tinker's dam about - they don't work either and I don't care to get them working. I only care for the network printer.
TIA,
Snidely Whiplash

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
HP Envy TE-01-1xxx Desktop 10th Gen Intel Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB NVMe Win 11 Home
$189.99