-
Games DVD 4.0.2 and CUPS
Okay, I'm running from the DVD and can't get CUPS to fire up. I get an error when I open the control center to add the network printer. It's hung off a Netgear printer server (just a little box that connects to the centronix connector). When I reboot into XP it sees the printer just fine. My network is running as I'm posting this from within Games Knoppix.
Anyway, the error I get is as follows:
Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from manager: Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: connection refused.
What do you need from me to help out? I'll provide what I can so we can get my printer going 
EDIT: Forgot to mention I have 2 USB printers hung off this system that I don't give a tinker's dam about - they don't work either and I don't care to get them working. I only care for the network printer.
TIA,
Snidely Whiplash
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2009, 05:54 AM
-
By schyler in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2007, 12:30 AM
-
By HomerCube in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:38 AM
-
By Razor-X in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:09 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 02:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$75.99