-
Boot from Knoppix ISO
I was wondering how I would boot Knoppix from the DVD ISO using grub. I don't want to do a HD install due to the dangers of it, and I would like everything compressed to the DVD size. I have 3 partitions and 1 extended. An ntfs windows, a ext3 xubuntu, and another ext3 fedora core. On my extended I have my swap and a couple of other partitions used mainly for personal files like /home.
I heard from someone that grub can boot things from an ISO, However people at #grub don't seem to know how to. I saw a knoppix guide here about doing it on a USB key but I am not sure if that would be the same on a harddrive. (I should also note, that even though it is my main harddrive it used /dev/sda for some wierd reason. So I might be able to use that guide.)
I am scared of using that guide because I have a feeling it would make the xubuntu ext3 partition that it is on unbootable.
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga Color CRT Monitor Model 1084S-P Stereo - Parts Or Repair
$100.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95