-
Well I have a laptop so it is convenient to not bring the CD drive everywhere.
But that is a problem. I have 3 primary partitions and one extended. That site says I can't boot from a logical partition. What should I do? I need my Fedora boot directory and my Xubuntu boot directory. I don't think it can boot from an ntfs windows. Is there no way to boot from a place that isn't the boot directory with grub? Or boot from a logical partition. (I think it is possible, one guy told me about how to boot from a logical partition before. I don't seem to understand it much myself though.
But that way you showed me doesn't work either.
I typed
knoppix screen=1280x800 depth=24 bootfrom=/dev/sda4/knoppix.iso
It still wants to boot from the DVD at /media/hdc. Why?
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 8GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$452.99

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99