Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Need a complete list of non-free included packages

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Need a complete list of non-free included packages

    Quote Originally Posted by artik
    Because I'm not a lawer (and I don't have one) I'd prefare remove any non-GPL/non-free packages from the CD in order to prevent any kind of unpleasent issues in the future and not enforce me to check the licenses of all non-GPL packeges.
    I understand your point very well because I had to remove libdvdcss2 from my remastering about a year ago (copyright law changed in Finland). Better to be sure because no-one want to go to the court.

    But If you have only those packages tha are in original Knoppix, you don't have to bother. This has been discussed many times in debian-knoppix mailing list, see e.g. http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00020.html, read and relax yourself

    -tapsa-

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19
    I think I'll have to find some "common sense" in what can be redistributed and what not.
    Anyway I'll remove all closed FW and non free packages.

    If someone will find something that I hadn't found... it will be a bug

    BTW I'm less worried about patents (like MP3 software) because as far as I know - it is relevant only for US and I'm in Israel
    Knoppix does not contain things that can't be distributed by Mandriva or Debian.

    Actually I thought about mplayer (because it is best player to show hebrew subtitles), but I don't know what are the exact problems with it (it is still out of Debian for some reason).

    Anyway thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Complete List of Packages
    By orbert in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 09:40 PM
  2. Knoppix-installer / list of packages ???
    By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
  3. knoppix sources.list repository incomplete list.
    By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
  4. full list of software included on disk
    By thebladerunner in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$288.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50