-
Junior Member
registered user
Yes you right...
But it seems to me that I'll have to build the list of all "true" Debian packages - and see that they are not in "non-free", and the rest of the packages I'll go over the licenses manually to be sure.
Some non-free packages may be used and distributed freely but not modified.
I know. But for example I've found some restrictions in avm-firmware. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't have one, so I don't want to go over tens of licenses trying to figure out what restrictions they can add: Can I redestrebute them? Can I sell CDs with them? Can someone that takes the CD redistribute it once more? Do I need add "no reverse engeneering" license agreement? etc...
As you see for very practical reasons, its much easier to distribute GPL software.
So I want Kazit (Hebrew version of Knoppix) will be "free like a speech" and not "free like a beer".
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By orbert in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2006, 09:40 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By thebladerunner in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:55 AM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99