I installed knoppix 5.0.2 to the hard drive using knoppix-installer.
I went with the Debian-like install.
I installed the bootloader to the MBR. (I think this might be the problem)
When I boot the computer I get the grub menu, but the default entry doesn't boot automatically. It boots if I just hit enter, but I would rather have it just boot automatically since I'm not going to install any other OSes. There were two entries in the menu.1st which were both the same except one had Default in the title. I removed the one without Default and tried again, but it still does not boot automatically. Here are the uncommented parts of my menu.1st:
I've tried changing default to 1 and saved, but it still does not load automatically. Is the problem that I put it in the MBR? If so, is there any way to install it in the boot partition without doing a full format and reinstall?Code:default 0 timeout 2 color cyan/blue white/blue title Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.17 Default root (hd0,1) kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off nomce vga=791 initrd /boot/initrd.img savedefault boot

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Dell Inspiron 15 3250 15.6 Touch Screen Laptop Intel core I5, 8GB, 256GB SSD
$379.00
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
$600.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98