-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Anyone having success with wireless networking and 5.0.1?
Of course, most of what we see in these forums is people posting of their problems. When something is working properly people don't usually post about it. But I've been playing with wireless all evening and I'm pretty sure that Knoppix 5.0.1 will not support my wireless card, at least not with encryption enabled. I plan on doing more teste with encryption on the router disabled, but that will have to wait, and is not an acceptable way to run the router anyway. The thing is, this card worked fine in the last few releases of Knoppix. I can get it to work under the current release canidate of Mepis. But although the green lights come on under Knoppix 5.0.1, it keeps claimng it can't find the router, even though I think I have the encryption configured properly.
Reflecting back on this, I don't remember seeing any reports of good wifi results in this new release. So I'm hoping that some of you will at least post reports of sucess and that there isn't a major problem. If you could give the make and model of your wireless NIC, if you are running with or without encryption, and any special steps that you took, that would be welcome too. And please consider adding your results to the Wireless Networking section of the wiki.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Lilt in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
-
By grant_vallance in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:17 AM
-
By ebazz in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49