-

Originally Posted by
Jacky
Don't forget that gpart will try to scan and guess your partitions but will not actually write out the new partition table. You have to actually instruct it to write. And after writing, you have to reboot to be able to see the rescued partitions.
Sorry, I am really lost with what you explained to me. I am really new to this and I am wondering maybe if you could explain in detail? It's just that I am afraid of doing anything to the hard disk and I need to understand exactly what I am going to be doing so I won't mess up the laptop any further. I am also afraid of rebooting the laptop because it took me 2 days and maybe 20-some times of attempt to completely boot from Knoppix CD. It kept hanging during boot and I finally got to the Knoppix desktop, so unless it is very necessary, I don't want to reboot...
Please help.
Similar Threads
-
By johnmd in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
-
By tecnoL in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2007, 11:56 AM
-
By 03myersd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:09 PM
-
By nmitchell in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga 500 / A500 Samsung Keyboard (NOS)
$52.85

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95